Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you use a Container object in Qlik Sense

I'm reading about Container object extension in the qlik community and it seems that the container object extension is useful in providing a horizontal scroll bar in qlik apps.  My question is, can the container object extension be used in qlik sense and if it can how do you use it for a straight table?  I really need a horizontal scroll bar in my straight table.  We show 12 - 15 fields in our straight table and need the functionality of a horizontal scroll bar.  The '...' that qlik offers when the data doesn't all fit on the screen is not acceptable to our customers, at this time, and I am tasked with figuring out how to get a horizontal scroll bar in the qlik sense app.  Does it seem to you that this should be a standard function in the qlik apps? 

2 Replies
gshockxcc
Creator
Creator

I have a similar question.  I want to use some field selection boxes in my App, and I want to show the values horizontally instead of vertically. 

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Ann,

The extension object can be downloaded from Qlik Branch. There are instructions for use there:

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/5925830c89eaeeb085775473

Not sure about the scroll bar though.

Thanks,

Simon