cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

App closing from clients browsers

Hello,

We are running qliksense server 3.1

From the server, apps run just fine, but from clients we get the message "App has closed. Please reolad app if you wish to continue working". I translated the message myself, our system is in Spanish. The original message is "La app se ha cerrado. Por favor recargue la app si desea seguir trabajando".

As far as I can tell there are no network issues (no network related messages in client or server event viewer, and no packet lost during a extended ping test). I also disabled windows firewall both on client and server.

Server is running in an Hyper-V 2012R2 virtual machine. Other VMs in the same host are doing fine, no network issues.

At chrome developer console I get errors like:

TypeError: a.onViewModeChanged is not a function

or

TypeError: Cannot read property 'Invalidated' of undefined

Have anyone here seen this behaviour?

Thanks,

Jorge R.

9 Replies
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

We get "an error error occurred. The app has been closed. To continue working, please refresh the app." This has been happening since our initial Qlik Sense install which was v2.2.4 . We're now running v3.1.1 and still getting the same error. Only happens in Chrome after 5 minutes with no interaction. IE 11 is fine. Qlik support says they can't reproduce but when I search js forums I find that it's common problem with other apps and there are known js fixes.

Error looks like this:

Qlik Sense Chrome JS Timeout.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hello, Steve.

Thanks for your response.

Could you resolve your issues?

From this side we  are still doing some tests. Now adjusting some things in our host and VM coniguration. (Disabled Hyperthreading from the host, assingning more virtual processors, disabling NUMA). Sometimes the system seems to be more stable, but sooner or later error persists. Now Qliksense server is the only VM running in its hosts.

Regards,

Jorge R.

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Jorge, We've recently found that if we bypass our load balancer (netscaler), we don't get a timeout. So the latest theory is that for some reason, Chrome is unable to get "keep alive" statements back to the QS server..

Do you use a load balancer in front of Qlik Sense?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

No, we are not using any load balancer, as far as I know. We are in the same LAN as the  QLik server, there are just a couple of switches between clients and server.

Besides, we have the same problem using IE or Firefox.

We are now trying to test this on a phisical machine.

Thanks,

Jorge R.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have exactly the same error, but some differences. The error only appears with one user and installation. The others users works fine. So, it's something related to PC of this user. The problem happens with both browsers (chrome and firefox). I have reviewed browser configuration, antivirus, windows events... When you open Qlik Sense, after 1 or 2 minutes, it appears the message. An error occurred. The app has closed. Please reload app...

¿How do you fix it Jorge?

Regards,

Xavier

Not applicable
Author

Fixed. It was a problem in browser's proxy configuration.

Xavier

Not applicable
Author

Hi Xavier,

Nice to know you figured it out!.

In my case, there was another cause. We are using Trendmicro Officescan antivirus in our PC's. It seems like the AV was scanning netork traffic, so we added server IP to an excemption list and that did the job.

Regards,

Jorge R.

williamlau
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I am having the  same problem.  Exactly what did you change in the browser's proxy config?

Not applicable
Author

Hi William,

In the Chrome Proxy Configuration, you can exclude the use of proxy for some IP servers or domains. I excluded the Qlik server IP/domain and it worked. I think the point is that Qlik uses his own virtual proxy.

Regards,

Xavier