Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalmanu
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

data Model

Hi,

I need a clarification on Data model. I have Multiple fact tables and dimension tables. Now there is no relation between the fact tables, not even a single field is matching. can we still create a star schema. if yes, please provide me the answer how to create the perfect star schema.

thanks,

Vishnu T

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Any data model is based on a concept. The concept translates your business intentions into software design guidelines. But those concepts depend on what your data represents (abstract objects) and what you plan to do with that data (processes).

Since you don't supply the slightest piece of information about what's inside your data model, it will be impossible to supply any useful suggestions.

Care to enlighten us about what we are dealing with?

prieper
Master II
Master II

Seems quite strange.

If you wish to keep all the fact-tables separate, you do not need to change. But also, there is no reason to make it a star schema.

edit: crossed with Peter Cammaert's comment

its_anandrjs

Shemas like (STAR or Snowflake) contains Fact table that contains main fields / KPIS with the relation between the table (Dimension Table or Fact Table) that has information about the fields. Without all this proper information it is difficult to create the another Dim / Fact table. Also it is need to check how the table is Normalized or DeNormalised in the Data model.

Without proper information related to Tables / Fields not easy to connect any other table.

Hope this helps

danistontt
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Vishnu,

I suggest to read this post, probably I don't think exist only one answer to your question:

Concatenate vs Link Table

Daniele