Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inclusive Count Function Formatting for Qlik Sense

Hi all,

I am trying to format a gauge to count all URL's that have a Location = SFDC AND a Location = Qlik.com. I cannot get my function to work as I don't know the proper formatting. So far, I have

Count(DISTINCT{<[LOCATION] ={"SFDC","Qlik.com"}>}[URL])

that I know works, but includes all assets were Location = SFDC OR Location=Qlik.com

If possible, I would also like to narrow this down further to include only Language=English and Format<>A4. This is my starting point...

Count(DISTINCT{<[LOCATION] ={"Qlik.com"} and ([Language] = {"English"}>}[URL]))) etc.

Thanks!

2 Replies
its_anandrjs

This expression you try this ways

1.  Where LOCATION = SFDC,Qlik.com try this with single comma

=Count(DISTINCT{<[LOCATION]  = { 'SFDC','Qlik.com' } >} [URL] )

2. I assume language = English  and format <> A4

=Count(DISTINCT {< [LOCATION] = { 'SFDC','Qlik.com' } , [Language] = { 'English' }, Format -= {'A4'} >} [URL] ) ) )

Note:- In SET expression you have not to use AND OR.

Not applicable
Author

This function works perfectly I think! Only issue is this would be my 'denominator', because the comma in {< [LOCATION] = { 'SFDC','Qlik.com' acts as an OR, so instead of including the inside of the venn diagram, i get the outside. I want to divide all the assets that have BOTH by all the assets that are either, the latter of which is this function. Thank you!!