Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarbCline
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue - List box clears when selection is still valid

Hello!

I have several list boxes to filter data.  If I make a selection that clears one list box, the other list box clears ... but it should not.  See my first image below... I have selected Medical, S and Communited Rated.  See my second image... I have selected Financially Rated, which appropriately clears Segment S (because S is not valid for Financially Rated).  But, as you can see MEDICAL is still the only appropriate Line option for Financially Rated, so why did MEDICAL clear?

I have my list boxes set up to QlikView Classic.  I'm using v11.2 SR12.  I have used QlikView for 5+ years and I have never had this issue.  It has me baffled.  Any ideas how to resolve?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbCline
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Good morning, QV Community!

I've been doing some testing with my example QVW and I discovered that if I change the load order of my fields, I get different results.

Original:
LOAD
rtrim(upper(LOB)) as Line,
BUS_SEGMENT_CD as Segment,
if(CR = '', 'Specialty Rated', CR) as [Rated Type],
if(isNull(BUDGET_REGION), 'WEST', BUDGET_REGION) as Region

Modified:

LOAD
if(isNull(BUDGET_REGION), 'WEST', BUDGET_REGION) as Region,
rtrim(upper(LOB)) as Line

WIth the modified Load statement, Line (now loaded last) behaves exactly as I expect, but Region (now loaded first) has "the issue".  So essentially, when Segment is cleared because of a Rate Type selection, anything loaded in the script prior to Segment is also cleared.  Is this expected QV behavior, or recently modified QV behavior?  I'm surprised I've never noticed this before!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest you to add the same columns into a Table Box(Line, Segment, Rated Type) and make a selection in the list box (Line). Understand the data association.

Let me know if it works.

Also, Can you post the sample data to better understand what the issue is?

Thanks,

SP

BarbCline
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here's the table box ... as you can see MEDICAL is associated with all three Rated Types.  I should not be losing the MEDICAL selection in the Line list box when Financially Rated is selected.

I can't share my app.  I will work on creating an example qvw and post again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik.PNG

Only these segments (Z,P,L,J) would be displayed when the filters (Line='MEDICAL' & Rated Type = 'Financial Rated') is selected.

This functionality occurs because it is a combination of both the filters.

Is this what you are expecting?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What you mean by "I should not be losing the MEDICAL selection in the Line list box when Financially Rated is selected" ?

Medical is a possible value when Financially Rated is selected?

BarbCline
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've added another list box (Region) so you can see what I'm expecting.  Make the same selections as described above, and also select the WEST Region.  When  Financially Rated is selected, the MEDICAL Line is cleared but the WEST Region selection is retained.  I expect Line to function exatly like Region.

BarbCline
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, MEDICAL is still possible, but it's no longer "selected" ... it's no longer green.  I have code based on selected Line so that makes a difference.  Plus, it's annoying to my users to have to re-select MEDICAL as they move through the app.

BarbCline
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Good morning, QV Community!

I've been doing some testing with my example QVW and I discovered that if I change the load order of my fields, I get different results.

Original:
LOAD
rtrim(upper(LOB)) as Line,
if(isNull(BUDGET_REGION), 'WEST', BUDGET_REGION) as Region

Modified:

LOAD
if(isNull(BUDGET_REGION), 'WEST', BUDGET_REGION) as Region,
rtrim(upper(LOB)) as Line

WIth the modified Load statement, Line (now loaded last) behaves exactly as I expect, but Region (now loaded first) has "the issue".  So essentially, when Segment is cleared because of a Rate Type selection, anything loaded in the script prior to Segment is also cleared.  Is this expected QV behavior, or recently modified QV behavior?  I'm surprised I've never noticed this before!