Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fulltime cumulative measure with 2 dimensions but only showing Actual Year on Graph

Hi Everyone,

I need to know, you can make a fulltime cumulative measure (count and sum) with two dimension (Gategory and Month)  on a chart or a pivot table or whatever it works, but only showing the actual year, i tried making a sum of values of previous year + RangeSum(Above) trick, but it only seems to work on ONE dimension and the Graph shows also the previous year.

Is there any way to do this in QlikSense? i've seen some videos about QlikView where they talk about a full acumulation feature, but i dont see any on QlikSense.

What's the approach to this situation on QlikSense?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
11 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Can you post a sample app and describe with some screenshots of what you are looking to achieve?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have a transactional log since 2002 with the sales from their products, they wanna know how much their products sales are through the years until now, the same with their clients how many clients they have until now,

so they want to know during this year how they distributed during the course of this year.

They want someting like this, a graph will be even better.

Clientas.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I need Filial as One Dimension, the Month as the Second Dimension and as you can see, the measure is the cumulative sum of the clients subscriptions during the years.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

And only show the twelve month of the current year, but the cumulative sum of all the years

philgood34
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Carlos

do you want something like this ?GRAPH CUMUL.png

Hereaare 2 measures (sales & margin) wich acccumulate month after month ...

regards

Philippe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's what they looking for, that kind of basic thing. How do you achieve that on QlikSense?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But an aditional requirement is that, my client historical data goes beyond years, so they need just to look at the current year.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is there any extensions that can achieve that?

philgood34
Creator II
Creator II

I found this way on the forum :

add these two lines in your main loading script

Set [accum] = "RangeSum(Above(";

Set [/accum] = ",0,RowNo(Total)))";

it's look like this

SCRIPT.png

Then you can use this expression to make your graph cumulative

$(accum)Sum(yourmeasure)$(/accum)

in my case i have a flag (CY) for current year

$(accum)Sum({<Flag = {'CY'}>}VMS_CATTC)$(/accum)

regards

Philippe