Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Error QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers

Hello,

I'm facing the below error trying to distribute the QVW document to some ODBC DSC user:

The task "1_468" failed. Part of the log file follows:

17/01/2014 03:11:46       Error      The task "1_468" failed. Exception:

1. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers

at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.AddNamedUsers(ILogBucket logBucket, XmlDocument xml, List`1 namedUsers, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper)

at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket logBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 recipients)

at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.CreateSettingsBlock(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, String i_SourceDocumentName, DateTime i_LastUpdate, DateTime i_NextUpdate, Boolean i_EventDriven, String i_Category, eDistributionFileType i_TotalDistributionFileTypeMask, FilePackageContainer i_FilePackageContainer)

at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

I'm using version 11.20 SR4

The above task ran at 3.00 am with this error, this morning I retried to run tha same task and it worked fine even if nothing has been changed!

At the same time 3.00 am another task using the same ODBC DSC but with different user worked well.

I noted DSC service was running.

Can someone help me to fix it?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Andrea

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

I solved reinstalling the distribution service in other folder.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

how i have to set the "Path" parameter for Directory Service ?

the DSC service is on the same machine of publisher.

is ODBC://localhost correct ?

I also tried to put the complete host name but without luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Andrea

I got the same error did you find a solution?

Thank you

Regards

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

I solved reinstalling the distribution service in other folder.

Regards

Not applicable

I got this error when I tried to distribute a document to an AD group that I had deleted from the domain.

When I added the correct AD group to the document it should be distributed to, the problem went away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same error in 11.20, and it was due to AD Group name changes.

After fixing it worked fine.

Now it started appearing again,

re-running tasks succeeds often,

restarting services fixes the issue for the day.

Issue seems between AD and QlikView services, or their cache.

Yet this is random, is it a bug?

Dre_
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I know this is a very old thread but did this get a fix?

Currently experiencing this while using May 2021 SR2 version of QV.

This too is happening every now and then and when the job is re-ran it completes without error.

(9/25/2023 1:02:15 PM) Error: The task "TASK NAME HERE" failed. Exception: ||

QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> System.Exception: l_FileSystemPluginHelper exception ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers ||

at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.AddNamedUsers(ILogBucket logBucket, XmlDocument xml, List`1 namedUsers, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper) ||

at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket logBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 recipients) ||

at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.CreateSettingsBlock(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, String i_SourceDocumentName, DateTime i_LastUpdate, DateTime i_NextUpdate, Boolean i_EventDriven, String i_Category, eDistributionFileType i_TotalDistributionFileTypeMask, FilePackageContainer i_FilePackageContainer, String lastAcceptedReloadTime) ||

at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest) || --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

|| at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile) || --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

|| at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile) ||

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) ||

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) ||

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

|| at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) ||

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

I have seen issues in the past where task distributions failed with error "QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers..." being due to the task set to distribute to a user/group which had been removed from Active Directory.  More specifically, if task is set to distribute to "Supervisor" user account which has been removed from Active Directory. Have a look at Qlik Support article A QlikView Publisher task configured to distribute to "All Authenticated Users" or "All Users" fails... to see if it helps with this issue.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Ranjanac
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, I m new to Qlik Admin and also facing same king of issues.

Could you please share the steps to reinstall the distribution service .

Thanks.