cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

User Folders

Hey guys,

I'm trying to set a folder to go to a user's folder.

Beyond filling in the folder and subfolder fields and sending the report with them as a recipient, I'm not sure what do.

It goes to email, but not their folder. Why would this be?

Chris A.

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you create a folder as destination you can use the user folder or the user subfolder in the dynamic path creation.

See Distributing reports to folders ‒ Qlik NPrinting

The in the task you set the folder as destination so the reports will be delivered in the selected path.

Let me know if you have more questions about this.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Rug,

I tried that, but the folder doesn't display when I select the named person as a recipient.

I've set up a folder in their name as the Qlik guide says to, added the person as a recipient and when I go to add the folder, the drop down is empty.

Am I missing a step?

Chris A.

Giuseppe_Panella
Employee
Employee

Hi Chris,

you can also take a look at this video that could help you on setting up the folder and then send the report.

Distributing reports to folders - Qlik NPrinting - YouTube

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Chris, please check the video. It is a good explanation of the process and let me know if you need more informations.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rug,

I've managed to get that part working so thank you very much for your help.

I'm now trying to make it so a template is filtered two ways in a task and sent to two different locations.

My plan was to do this by filtering the user and applying a folder and subfolder to them.

However, I don't want to do this to a specific user in case I need the folder/sub folder for them again in the future. To get around this, I set up a fake user with a fake email, but when I apply them to the distribution list, nothing appears in the folder. Why is this?

Chris. A

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ignore that - worked it out.

The user needs a security type