Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramanarayan
Creator
Creator

unable to open qvw file in server

Hi Experts,

I have a qvw file which i developed and i have a licensed version of the software. I moved the developed qvw file to an application server which again has a licensed version of qlikview software.

We have 3 users using the application server. Two of us are unable to open the qvw file in the application server and one person can open and view the qvw file.

We get a license related error. Attached is the error message. Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Ram

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

The message said clear that your qlikview isn't licenced at this point else that you work with a PE. This meant you will need to lease a licence or you couldn't access to this file. With the PE there is no sharing of applications possible, see for this: Personal Edition FAQs.

- Marcus

ramanarayan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

I am using a licensed version of qv. I've been able to share my qvw with others and they were able to open them. the problem is only with the application server.

The strange part is that 1 out of 3 users is able to open the qvw file in the application server.

nehasaxena
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

In the application server, try to connect to server first and lease the license.Capture.PNG

Regards,

Neha

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

With "a licensed version of the software" what do you mean exactly? Is your QV Desktop leasing a Named CAL from the server? Are you using a local license (which doesn't give you access to the AccessPoint)? Are you using a "Personal Edition license"?

Please open the Start page of your QV Desktop and click on the License Information link. Please post a screenshot of that dialog in this thread. Thanks.

ramanarayan
Creator
Creator
Author

HI Peter,

Attached is the screen shot you asked for.

ThanksQV_license.PNG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A local license is ...er local to your PC. A server has no business with your local license. In order to be granted access to documents on a server, a server needs a CAL for you that should be assigned in the QMC.

Named CALs can be assigned in QMC->System->Setup->Licenses->Client Access Licenses->Assigned CALs.

Document CALs can be assigned in the dedicated tab in the User Documents tree for that document.

Note that you can lose your local license (or echange it for a Named CAL) and lease a Named CAL from the server to your QlikView Desktop. That would license your Desktop and grant access to the AccessPoint at the same time.

Best,

Peter