Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

Receiving allocation from unknown engine - how to fix?

Another day, another NPrinting issue, sigh...

We are using the July 2017 engine.  NPrinting reports quietly stopped working six days ago, with days worth of report tasks being queued up - over 100.

Upon investigation, I found that the single NPrinting engine was offline.  I find the following error messages in the nprinting_scheduler.log file:

Receiving allocation from unknown engine 16ffadc1-5450-4ae4-b478-85c21d8eb6e0. Message will be discarded.

How to fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So restarting the NPrinting services did not help.  I finally had to reboot the entire system upon which NPrinting was running - server and engine.  That seemed to fix it and the reports are coming through now.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So restarting the NPrinting services did not help.  I finally had to reboot the entire system upon which NPrinting was running - server and engine.  That seemed to fix it and the reports are coming through now.

Natalija
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

I am getting exactly same error. Does anyone know what is causing it?

Natalija

digimech
Partner - Contributor III

Hello@kevinpintokpa 

I am having exactly same problem. Did you figured out the solution for this?

Affected product : NPrinting Sep 2019.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please avoid to comment a 4 years old conversation, start a new one instead and add all informations related to your case. 

If rebooting the whole server solves maybe there were some  local processes blocked. For example Qv.exe. So, if you are connecting to QlikView check with Windows task manager if there are Qv.exe processes running and stop them before rebooting the whole server.

Check also all the logs of Qlik NPrinting. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
digimech

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

We have our NPrinting connection with the Qlik Sense server. The NPrinting engine goes offline each time and only after a server reboot it starts running the reports. Restarting a Qlik Engine services doesn't help. Every time we need to reboot the server . Please find the log screenshot below for reference. Any assistance on this will be highly appreciated.

anjit_tiwari_0-1624021917516.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to evaluate to upgrade your installation. Since September 2019 we solved many issues also related with RabbitMQ so, by upgrading, we will be sure you are not experiencing an already solved issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@kevinpintokpa 

As @Ruggero_Piccoli

Suggest that you:

1. start a new discussion thread for recently found issues as much has changed including defect repairs, performance enhancements and feature updats since 2017 versions of NPrinting which was when this thread started.

2. Upgrade to the most recent version of NPrinting - all components ie: NP engine, server, designer (and on demand objects if applicable

Further you can try the following article in the meantime but if the issue persists, recommend upgrading asap.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Resolve-Qlik-NPrinting-Engine-Offline-Status/ta-...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!