Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Switching Charts in Qlik Sense

Hello Community,

I’m new to Qlik Sense and there is a requirement for me to convert a QlikView dashboard to Qlik Sense. The QlikView dashboard UI used buttons/trigger actions using variables to switch between charts on the same real estate. I want to replicate same chart functionality in Qlik Sense. I did look into the forum and found some extensions like Sheet navigation, Variable, Tabs for Qlik Sense. Tried Tabs for Qlik Sense Extension but was not able to achieve the functionality I was looking for (it accommodated only one chart in a tab but I need to display 6 charts).  Please can someone help me in achieving the same functionality in Qlik Sense.

I have attached the qvw, for functionality reference, it doesn’t have any data but there are two buttons   “Actual” and “Base”.

By clicking on ‘Actual’ it shows 2 chats  (Actual and Actual), and when  switch to ‘Base’ button  it displays 2 other charts (Base and Base) in the same real estate. I want to achieve this functionality in qlik sense.

So please can someone let me know if that is possible in qlik sense or not?

Thanks,

Harini

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Harini,

You can accomplish this by creating an inline table in the data load editor. Once created, you can reference the field in a List Box (or however you should decide), thus creating your button. In your chart, you would simply use a measure defined in this inline table.

Inline table script would look as follows: (may require some manipulation to get your data in this format)

//For use with inline table

SET hideprefix = '%';

Actual_Base_Table:

LOAD * Inline [

%pickmetric, %metric

'Actual', ACTUAL_FIELD

'Base', BASE_FIELD

];

Field to be used in your List Box (button) object: [gives you the option to select "Actual" or "Base"]

=%pickmetric

Dimension for your chart(s) can be whatever you decide.

Measure for your chart(s): [toggles the measure of your charts based on what button you have selected]

=sum($(=%metric))

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

The best way is using mashups, you get the power to do anything javascript/css can do

More information: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2017/Subsystems/Mashups/Content/mashups-introduction...

A lot of examples using mashups: Web Apps from Qlik Sense

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever,

Thank you for the response but  i'm not good at developing extensions and mashups. It will take awhile for me to learn and get going, unfortunately i don't have time to play around with extensions and mashups. I'm looking for an easy way if there is any. Thank you,

Harini

ishanbhatt
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Harini,

I think you should be able to achieve that functionality using the Variable extension.

Steps:

1. Create one variable.

2. Create condition for dimension or measure

Ex. if(vTest=1,Measure1,

if(vTest=2,Measure2)).

That's it. You'll find your desired solution. Hopefully, this'll work for you.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ishan,

Thank you will try and get back to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Shraddha, will try this and get back to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Harini,

You can accomplish this by creating an inline table in the data load editor. Once created, you can reference the field in a List Box (or however you should decide), thus creating your button. In your chart, you would simply use a measure defined in this inline table.

Inline table script would look as follows: (may require some manipulation to get your data in this format)

//For use with inline table

SET hideprefix = '%';

Actual_Base_Table:

LOAD * Inline [

%pickmetric, %metric

'Actual', ACTUAL_FIELD

'Base', BASE_FIELD

];

Field to be used in your List Box (button) object: [gives you the option to select "Actual" or "Base"]

=%pickmetric

Dimension for your chart(s) can be whatever you decide.

Measure for your chart(s): [toggles the measure of your charts based on what button you have selected]

=sum($(=%metric))

I hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Austin,

This worked for me. Thank you,

Harini