Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workbench: Can't select ObjectID

Hi all,

I tried to add the QlikView control into my asp.net page, but when I want to change the settings of the object (smart tag), I can select the document, but I can't select any object id in the drop down. (Please refer to the image below)

wbobjectid.PNG

If I add the ObjectID manually into the code, I'll get "No Connection" when I run/open the ASPX page.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

you cannot Integrate with visual studio without a proper license.

check in your license

it must have to have worbench = yes as an entry in you LEF.

If not you cannot do this integration.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

What type of configuration you are dealing with?

Does qlikview server and visual studio are on the same machine or different machine.

This error usualy comes when qlikview server and visual studio are on different machines. Multihop authentication is the cause of it.

To avoid this you need to install qlikview webserver on the machine on visual studio.

Hope it helps.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Both are in the same machine. But after going through some other post, it seems that it might be a license related issue. (My server LEF don't have Workbench in it) Can anyone confirm this?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

you cannot Integrate with visual studio without a proper license.

check in your license

it must have to have worbench = yes as an entry in you LEF.

If not you cannot do this integration.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

HI,

What are the implications to this local deveolpment approach eg: Server and VS on Client machine, with regard to the final deployment onto the live environment? If there's any that is?

Not applicable
Author

Hi psfarmer,

There are no additional implications as long as your dev and test environments are identically configured to your prod environment, which is what we recommend as a best practice. Otherwise...

As stated above, the any QVS you wish to use a QlikView Workbench site with must have the proper LEF entry to allow workbench.

Also, certain configurations may result in cross site scripting issues (e.g QV9 or QV10 without the proxy page, workbench website on a different webserver from QV virtual directories). Other configurations can result in multi-hop authentication issues (e.g. QV 9 or 10, using NTLM for Authentication, using two different webservers for workbench website and QV virtual directories).

Neither cross site scripting issues nor multi-hop authentication issues are specific to QlikView or the Workbench.  They are generic issues that can show up in certain environmental configurations. You still have to be careful not to try to deploy in production using a configuration that is susceptible to these issues. Both of these issues are well documented on and explained on the web, so I would recommend doing a web search if you want more information on thier causes and aviodance.

-Dan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response Dan. This is as I thought in terms of configuration and multihop issues.

Regards,

Pete