i want to schedule the reports based on user in Qlikview Npriting

how can i do it?

i have 10 users  each user data i need to send separate reports

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

In NP17 it is in Tasks > Publish Task (not distribution). Then in Users/groups you can add them.

users.JPG

You need to tick Enabled and Email destination checkboxes (then also go to Destinations tab and check if the Email checkbox is ticked).

BR,

Matus

View solution in original post

8 Replies
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

you can add filters to users and then add users to the distribution task. This way each user gets his specific report.

BR,

Matus

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the Quick response.

i added the filters in the reports  and where should i add the users for Distribution task?

could you please guide me the steps?

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

In NP17 it is in Tasks > Publish Task (not distribution). Then in Users/groups you can add them.

users.JPG

You need to tick Enabled and Email destination checkboxes (then also go to Destinations tab and check if the Email checkbox is ticked).

BR,

Matus

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

THANKS for your clear info,

i added the filters for users  in   -----Admin tab---users------ username edit- ---filters 

is it correct?   or am i doing wrong?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

This is correct to add filters to users.

Then you can add users to the task and test it with a Run Now.

Of course if you added filters to the report and filters to users the final reports will keep in care both groups of filters.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Yes that is correct.

Beware if combine filters - Filters will be evaluated in the following sequence: task, user, report, and object. See the examples here Static and dynamic filters ‒ Qlik NPrinting

So in your case report filters might override user filters.

Matus

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thanks for your input Ruggero,

i will check and let you know,

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks Matus,