Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Enable/Disable Logfile without opening qvw

This is a long shot, but is there a way to enable/disable logfile generation without opening the dashboard? This is for a Huge application (~20GB) which doesn't upon on local desktop machine.

I do have an alternate of opening this with no data and then enabling/disabling the logfile, but I wonder if there is another way to do this without opening the qvw.

Thanks,

Sunny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can try messing around with the XML part of the QVW (untested), the option to generate the log is part of it.

Search for something like

<GenerateLogfile>true</GenerateLogfile>

But you would need a tool that allows editing the XML part without actually opening the complete QVW in editor.

View solution in original post

31 Replies
its_anandrjs

Better you can open it with No data and disable this option and save it different name rather than your current dashboard name

Ex:-

SalesDB_NOLog.qvw

1. Then take reload of this and then after reload again rename it with original name.

2. Load Dashboard with no data with same name and take full reload.

May be here Rob will help if there is any Command prompt option is available to enable or disable.

Kushal_Chawda

Generally we enable log file to check the errors but why you want to disable it?

sunny_talwar
Author

Its for testing the reload time with and without log file enabled..... Logfile generated by this dashboard is 10MB, I want to see if the reload time goes down drastically if I disable the logfile.

sunny_talwar
Author

Thanks Anand -

I know about this option, looking for a way to do this without opening it with no data and then doing it.

Will see if rwunderlich‌ can offer any suggestions.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can try messing around with the XML part of the QVW (untested), the option to generate the log is part of it.

Search for something like

<GenerateLogfile>true</GenerateLogfile>

But you would need a tool that allows editing the XML part without actually opening the complete QVW in editor.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sunny, question was interesting but never come across to check.

Can you run this from your CMD prompt qv.exe -r Path.qvw and Run. Make sure the cmd path where Qlik installed to run the out side Qlikview of Qlik applications. Using cd or cd.. can forward and backward in CMD prompt if needed

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar
Author

I will check this and get back to you

swuehl
MVP
MVP

BTW, I assume that you are talking about the desktop client only, right?

(But then, how do you test the reload without opening the file?)

I might be wrong, but I think you can disable the logfile globally on QMC.

Kushal_Chawda

I think you play with configuration settings.ini file of QlikView server in which you can define the parameter to generate log file. But then this settings will get applied to all the QVW available on that server.