Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Enable/Disable Logfile without opening qvw

This is a long shot, but is there a way to enable/disable logfile generation without opening the dashboard? This is for a Huge application (~20GB) which doesn't upon on local desktop machine.

I do have an alternate of opening this with no data and then enabling/disabling the logfile, but I wonder if there is another way to do this without opening the qvw.

Thanks,

Sunny

31 Replies
sunny_talwar
Author

Stefan - When you say globally, do you mean that it will disable the logfiles for all the dashboards? I just want to disable it for one dashbord

sunny_talwar
Author

But then this settings will get applied to all the QVW available on that server.

This is not what I want to do.... just want to do this for a single dashboard

sunny_talwar
Author

What will this command do Anil? qv.exe -r Path.qvw

Open the file or disable the logfile?

its_anandrjs

Stefan,

If need to update this XML where it is available on the project (Prj) or where.

its_anandrjs

NO settings.ini is harmfull it effects other QVW as well.

Kushal_Chawda

Are you running the application from QEMC or through batch?

sunny_talwar
Author

QEMC

Anil_Babu_Samineni

It runs the application but it generates Logfile if we enable either from globally under console or document file.. But, I realize this may won't help..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar
Author

Seems to be within DocProperties

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar
Author

In theory this worked, I just have to decide if I want to do this or just stick to no data option.

Thanks Stefan and everyone