Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Enable/Disable Logfile without opening qvw

This is a long shot, but is there a way to enable/disable logfile generation without opening the dashboard? This is for a Huge application (~20GB) which doesn't upon on local desktop machine.

I do have an alternate of opening this with no data and then enabling/disabling the logfile, but I wonder if there is another way to do this without opening the qvw.

Thanks,

Sunny

31 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

But this properties should be based on the settings done from document, right? Can we update it?

sunny_talwar
Author

Yes, I tried updating it and it works

Kushal_Chawda

je baat .. maje kar ab

its_anandrjs

Good one friends new learning done by this.

Regards,

Anand

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sunny,

When you updated the XML, you reran and it did not generate a logfile?  Last time I checked, the XML was not the actual settings but reflected the settings. Has this changed?

-Rob

sunny_talwar
Author

It did seem to change the settings for me on the local desktop client. I am attaching the little sample that I created with this response.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I get it.  you changed it in the -prj\Docproperties.xml, which would be read when the document is opened.  That would work.

I was responding to Stefan's suggestion to "messing around with the XML part of the QVW", which I believe would not work, as that XML is a reflection of the property.

The -prj is a great idea. Going round trip on your question, you still have to open the document to create the prj, right? (unless you already have one).

-Rob

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Sunny, This is interesting. So do i have to create a -prj folder before i change xml? how did you open documentproperties.xml? For a qvw file?

sunny_talwar
Author

I was responding to Stefan's suggestion to "messing around with the XML part of the QVW", which I believe would not work, as that XML is a reflection of the property.

This might be stupid, but I am not really sure what XML part of the QVW means? I thought the -prj XML's is what he meant

The -prj is a great idea. Going round trip on your question, you still have to open the document to create the prj, right? (unless you already have one).

Hahahaha that's right... I actually was too scared to modify the qvw using the -prj that I moved ahead with the no data option in the end...(besides you are right I didn't have -prj in the first place, but I was hoping to use your document analyzer to create one -> Not sure if Document Analyzer would have taken more/less/same amount of time to create it)

sunny_talwar
Author

Yes, -prj needs to be created before you can do anything. I used NotePad++ to modify it...