Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonybi
Creator
Creator

datamodel

Hi All,

I want to merge the applications(having diffrent data model with multiple tables) into one application.

I have created too many variables and reports in the first application.

Now I want to merge into current applicaition.

suggest me any possible ways to accomplish this.

Any suggestions will be appriciated.

Regards,

Antony

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

One thing, By using Binary Load you can take Data model and You have declare the variable to store in Excel and then load that excel if Variables need.

POS - My suggestion won't recommend, What you do if you have common field and there you need to remove synthetic keys. And it may over ride if same variable names inn the latest work file.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
its_anandrjs

I believe you have to go for Link Tables in between two or more data model in single application or you can use two or many models in single application. But its field name could not be same or they are to be renamed while using otherwise you get synthetic keys in between this two tables or many.

Hope this make sense one way also is find out common fields fields and tables in this data models and then find out to connect them.

Regards

Anand

antonybi
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your quick suggestions

other than binary load can we have any other possible ways??

because I have created too many reports in different sheets.

Again I don't want to create those reports in current application.

and also suggest me how do we copy those variables into current application?

I already tried with inputbox(added all the those variables) and did copy and paste into current application.

But this not working as it is copying only variable names not for expressions.

its_anandrjs

As is suggest you can create different data model in same QVW suppose Sales,Finance etc. When you get all this model in the single APP you can use section access. Then provide access to the Sales person to view only sales Dashboard like way for Finance users and you can reduce the data also. And at same time only Sales person see its dashboard same as Finance person see its dashboard.

Regards

Anand

its_anandrjs

Get some help related to the link tables and data model concept.

Creacion Link Table

More advanced topics of qlik datamodels