Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Total from first day till selected date

Dear Experts,

I want to show the total quantity from the first day the data is available till the date selected in filter pane.

Suppose i have data from 01-JAN-2000 to 13-SEP-2017. Now if i selected date 13-SEP-2017 in a filter then Qlik should show the total records/sum from 01-JAN-2000 till 13-SEP-2017.

Regards,

Zahid Rahim

36 Replies
sunny_talwar

Missed a closing parenthesis... try this

Sum({<TRANSACTION_DATE = {"$(='<=' & Date(Max(TRANSACTION_DATE)))"}>} PRIMARY_QUANTITY)

zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Dear Sunny,

Issue seems resolved but i am unable to see balance on the date where there is no activity. Suppose item has one record at 31-JUL-2017 and dont have any record at 30-JUL-2017.

On Selecting 31-JUL-2017 it is showing balance till 31st. But selecting 30-JUL-2017 it does not show that item but user want to see its balance on till 30th as well.

What can be the approach.

Regards,

Zahid Rahim

sunny_talwar

I can't seem to know why it would do that... I will need to see it to know why it is doing it in your case... can you share a sample?

zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

BackDate Balance.png

Dear Sunny,

We are able to see balance from first date till 31 Jul 2017. But user cannot select 30 Jul 2017 as there is no record for this item in transactions table on 30 Jul 2017.

Requirement is if user select 30 Jul 2017 then all items should show with the sum from first date till 30 Jul 2017 irrespective of their records in 30 Jul 2017.

Hope you understood.

Regards,

Zahid Rahim

sunny_talwar

Then I guess you are dealing with Missing data, right? I guess you need to use Generating Missing Data In QlikView‌ to populate the missing data in your dashboard

parkarakshada
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Zahid,

Try this,

Sum({<Date={">=1(=Min(Date)) <=$(=Max(Date))"}>}sale)

Regards,

Akshada

zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Dear Sunny,

Balances are calculated correctly but when i want to see 2 dates balances and select 30 and 31 JUL 2017. It shows all previous dates balance as well. rather than showing on 30 and 31 Sep 2017 two dates balances.

Regards,

Zahid Rahim