Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaypadhya
Contributor II
Contributor II

Input Box in Data Load Editor

Hi Guys,

I have seen a thread previously where a user has asked this question but this is quite different. I would like to have an input box that will take dates and sample size from the user and then query the database which is on server (not local). The table is huge and it takes forever to load in Qlik's memory.

Is there any way to have like either a pop up box asking for start and end dates, and sample size and then querying on basis of the dates.

Here is my query:

XYZ:

SQL select * from TBXYZ;

LOAD *;

MEASURE:

SQL select * from TBMEASURE:

where START_DATE = "2017-01-01" and END_DATE = "2017-08-08"

LOAD *;

Thanks

3 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Have you taken a look at the On-Demand Application Generation feature in Qlik?  It might be something you can use.

A YouTube video is here:

Qlik Sense On Demand App Generation - YouTube

Nate

jaypadhya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This is a feature on dashboard once data is laoded, I ant that before even the data is loaded, it should something like selective querying.

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

This feature allows you to create the very large data set, then allow users to create a new app based on the selections. 

I suppose you can try and create some variables in the front end, then try and push them to the script in some fashion, but I am not aware of an elegant solution to your request.  I would try and use On-Demand App generation.

Maybe others on this forum have other ideas?  Anyone?