Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

left or inner join in qlikview

how does join work in qlikview: table 1  fields:a and field b field a has 3 values    1 2   3   field b has abd  xyz.  nky  values against it, and table 2 has field a and field b field a has 2  3  4 and field b has bhg  jhk  lnh  values  how inner join wil be performed in this,       with respect to which tble what will be the output fr this

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I see no format in your data so difficult to say based on the example. The INNER and LEFT JOIN will behave as expected, the former keeping only rows which match in both tables and the latter resulting in a table which keeps rows with values existing only on the first table to load.

More info in

Inner ‒ QlikView

its_anandrjs

its_anandrjs

If using inner join the result you get it common fields or rows in between this tables you get the result as 2,3 from a on both the tables

Load * inline

[

a,b

1,abd

2,xyz

3,nky

];

Inner join

Load * inline

[

a,b

2,bhg

3,jhk

4,inh

];

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

that means it wil take frst table as refrence unlike SQL where u use ON statement

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

is there any dfrnce in joins in SAS/sql and qlikview

its_anandrjs

In the Both that table you have same records is the inner join.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

No, an inner join is an inner join and has the same effect on SQL tables than on QlikView tables. Obviously the syntax is different as QlikView uses a loading script language loosely based on SQL, but not the same keywords and not in the same order (i.e.: in QlikView scripting, you don't need an ON clause).

• INNER means a resulting table with the matching rows of both tables based on the key field or fields between them
  • LEFT means a resulting table with the all the rows of the first table and the matching rows from the second table based on the key field or fields.

For the reference, examples and syntax, you can peruse both Anand's and myself links will do.