Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does not Equal??

Hi All,

I am trying to exclude a serial number series starting with the code below. QV still says erro in epression...not sure why?

Thanks for helping the new guy out 🙂

=left(Machine_Serial_Number

,5) -= 80002)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Matthew

Couple of pointers...

1. To exclude (or include) you need to include an IF statement in your expression,
  2. Does not equal sign for IF's is simply <> like in Excel. -= is only used in Set Analysis to differentiate from the {<>} closing the SA.

I've attached a simple example of excluding serial numbers. I've used a 5 digit serial and in my example I'm excluding those starting 4055..

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Matthew

Couple of pointers...

1. To exclude (or include) you need to include an IF statement in your expression,
  2. Does not equal sign for IF's is simply <> like in Excel. -= is only used in Set Analysis to differentiate from the {<>} closing the SA.

I've attached a simple example of excluding serial numbers. I've used a 5 digit serial and in my example I'm excluding those starting 4055..

Hope this helps

rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Use this

=left(Machine_Serial_Number,5)<>80002

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Derek, appreciate the help.

Not applicable
Author

Cheers, thanks Rahul

Matthew Fourie

A6 - Performance & Operational Cost Engineer

Tetra Pak Packaging Solutions AB

Carton Bottle

Ruben Rausings Gata, SE 221 86 Lund, Sweden

Tel: +46 46 365961 Mob: +46 73 3365961

Matthew.fourie@tetrapak.com

www.tetrapak.com

This e-mail (including any attached documents) is intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the

Intended recipient, we kindly ask you not to review, retain, copy or distribute this message, and we ask you to

notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.