Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

How to track changed data and visulaize them

Hi Folks,

I need suggestions on below requirement from one of my users:

Here is Drawing and Print status tracker template which they maintain as Excel on SharePoint based on ID , Program and Business.

There requirement is to track any changes in Drawing and Print Status (from 1 to 5 status can be any) in last 24 hrs and to track them on daily , weekly and Monthly Basis. Let me explain this with an example:

Suppose for ID =1001 , someone has changed Drawing Status from "4" to "3" and for ID=1004 ,Print Status has been changed from "4" to "1" , then they want to track all these changes. As of now they are fine if we are comparing any changes with base file in 24 hrs (Each day). But they need overall picture in terms of visualization w.r.t to any changes for Drawing and Print Status.

I'm not sure if we can handle this tracking within QlikView or not? If yes then please share your thoughts and how we can show this to users in term of visualization.

Waiting for inputs/suggestions!

Regards,

AS

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think you could track these changes if you load this excel multiple times - maybe each 5 minutes or it might be possible to create a load-trigger if the excel is saved.

Another way could be to track these changes within excel with a "Worksheet_SelectionChange" macro which writes each change with a timestamp into a separate (maybe hidden) sheet.

- Marcus

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Thanks for suggestion Marcus , let me try that ,but I'm not sure if there is any chance to handle this with QlikView via Script.

Regards,

Amit

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

AS