Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vlakeshr
Creator
Creator

Copy same formula for different sheets in Qlikview Doc.

How can use one formula for different 10 or 15 sheets, what is shortcuts?

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You may need to copy entire object and pasting the object into sheet is one option and another one may be create variable for that formula and use the same variable in next sheets..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
prashantsanchet
Creator
Creator

You can try to create a variable and try to use variable

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Indeed, assign your expression to a variable, and expand the variable content in the Expression field using $-sign substitution like:

=$(vLYTDTurnoverUSD)

If you define a proper naming convention for those variables, it will become very clear what kind of expression is actually being used here. For example, the one used above means "Turnover in USD for Last-Year-To-Date".

Variables can be defined in Settings->Variable overview, but the best place to do this is in your load script. Or in an external file (text, Excel, xml, whatever) if you want to make your documents configurable from a central place.

vlakeshr
Creator
Creator
Author

In one sheet , graph using same formula and second sheet straight table using same formula and in 3rd sheet new object using same formula and continue to sheet no. 15. This question was asked in interview and I suggest the same ans as by using variable / trigger but it is one more shortcut...that /I don't know.

vlakeshr
Creator
Creator
Author

In one sheet , graph using same formula and second sheet straight table using same formula and in 3rd sheet new object using same formula and continue to sheet no. 15. This question was asked in interview and I suggest the same ans as by using variable / trigger but it is one more shortcut...that /I don't know.