Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Access to Hub from Excel users.

Hi Team,

We are trying to give access to streams by adding user groups Excel Via ODBC by following steps, but user not able to see the stream.

Please let me know if i am missing anything.

1 ) Created UDC for AD successfully

2) Created UDC for ExcelUsers with Groups successfully

3) Tokens allocated to the Excel Users.

4)Added Excel Group in the security Rule of stream.

Can anyone help on this, what i am missing here.

Thanks

Sunil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

Yes, sure,

start from here Authentication solutions ‒ Qlik Sense. Here you can find a general overview on the custom authentication.

Here (Qlik Sense Ticket based authentication - step by step configuration example) there is a more detailed article on how the ticket authentication work and some reference to code example

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

If you already succesfully configured the UDC and you have the Excell user imported in the user list have a check to the userDirectory (probably EXCELL, the security rule on the stream will be:

((user.userDirectory="QTSEL"))

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

Thanks for the reply.

I have used UDC name as Excel and tried adding Userdirectory into stream. but still users are not able see the stream.

Regards

Sunil

Vincenzo_Esposito

Make a screenshoot of the user page (in QMC) and the Security rule implemented.

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Excel Users QMC.pngSecurity Rule.png

I tried with User as group and Value as Pipeline which i have defined in the Excel file form sheet 2, but user not

able to see the steam

ExcelUsers sheet1.JPGExcelUsers sheet2.JPG

Vincenzo_Esposito

The rule seems correct. Can you audit it? From QMC --> Audit --> On the top Select Box chose "Stream" as target source. You should be able to see a grid with Stream and users. Each cell represents a specific right for a user on a stream.

This is a single node installation?

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We have multinode installation.

In Audit, i can see user from Excel has Read(R) access, but here i can see the same user from AD doesnt have.

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

Any thing you can help me?

Thanks

Sunil

Vincenzo_Esposito

You probably are using the wrong user (the AD?) this depends upon the authentication method. The standard ntlm will map the Windows Domain user. You should use a custom authentication method (Header, Ticket, Session etc..) to Map the Excell user

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the info Vincenzo.

Do you have any document or video on custom authentication method?

It will be really helpful.

Thansk
Sunil