Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okamal99
Contributor II
Contributor II

problems with creating data model in Qlik Sense

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to Qlik and I am trying to create a data model in Qlik Sense.  I keep getting an error that says the following:

The following error occurred:

Circular reference:
One or more loops have been detected in your database structure. Loops may cause ambiguous results and should therefore be avoided. Loop(s) will automatically be cut by setting one or more tables as loosely coupled. Use Loosen Table script statement to explicitly declare loosely coupled tables.: return

Below I've attached the data model that I currently have created.

As you can see, the CARRIER field is in 3 tables; Vendor, Order_Interliner, and Carrier Transit Times.

Do you know how I would be able to fix this issue?

I would like to get the carrier data from the Vendor and Order_Interliner tables (identify which is the correct carrier). I would also like to get the correct corresponding transit times for each carrier from the Carrier Transit Times table.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Osman

1 Reply
rittermd
Master
Master

The easiest thing to do is rename the fields in tables that you don't need using AS statement in your script.  Or don't load them at all if you don't want them.