Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Granularity in Qliksense Maps

Hi Everyone,

I need help on Qliksense maps. i have created a area map with all countries in world. I do have KML file with shape data for all countries. If a get a separate KML file with shape data of all states in a country, then can i plot states in each country in the previously created world map. Currently qliksense has option to add only one dimension for map object.

Map of countries and each country having map of states in it. Is it possible to drill down from countries to states?

6 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

you can only use one layer with native map object.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've seen someone do some cool suff with tabs extension and 2 maps to mimic multiple layers.

If you want that out the box you should look at Geoanalytics for control of layers and behaviours within the map object.

alishankhaliqe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sai

A great map visualization by the incomparable Brian Munz.  The SVG Reader relies on SVG files rather than the KML files required in the native Qlik Sense map object. The extension comes packed with 30+ map files to start with. You can of course add your own files to the list.

The SVG Reader comes with tons of options for pop-ups, colors and zooms.

Individual “shapes” can be selected, like in native objects.

If you are having trouble coming up with KML data, this would be a great alternative option.

Qlik Branch

Try this

selections.gif

Engineer
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

i'm using for a customer QlikMaps , take a look at it.

using that extension you can do a drill down from a layer to another.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

is it a freeware?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

unfortunately no.