Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Calculation Time out Table Chart N printing 17.4

Hi Techies,

I am trying to distribute a simple table chart which has 449 records only by Qlik N Printing 17.4 but when I receive the mail and I open it , It shows a chart with error CALCULATION TIME OUT. I have changed the format of template and Excel to Word , even then it is giving me calculation timeout. I have other reports to which are delivering fine , like Bar charts with Doc template but Table chart with any template with around 500 records not working.

Please help to find out the problem

Regards,

Rohit

14 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rohit,

I my opinion this is a problem with table chart on qlikview side and calculation on the table you are trying to put to the report.

I think it does not have anything to do with NPrinting.

To test:

• go to your Qlik document
  • go to the sheet where you have your table
  • CLEAR ALL SELECTIONS!! as this is normal behaviour when using NPrinting
  • observe how much time Qlik server needs to calcualte your table, and see whethere it is actualy possible to calculate table.

To help you little bit more we would need following information:

• RAM on Qlik server
  • number of cores (CPU)
  • how many expressions and dimensions is in your table you are trying to build
  • how big is your datataset (number of rows)

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for your instant reply!
When I clear all the selections then it takes around 20 seconds to load the tab where my concern chart is in straight table form and Chart is not loading on clear all filters.

CPU Core: 8

RAM:100 GB

Data is not so much but Expressions are complex.

Application size is 100 MB.

I got your point now, it is happening because of server configuration.

one last question, Can we embed reports in Doc or any other form to the body of mail not as attachment while delivering to users in 17.4 ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Regarding chart.

What filters are you applying on this table chart when using with NPrinitng? Maybe you can use caclulation condition to enable chart calculation only if some filters are applied and therefore remove possible performance leak??

Embeding content to body of email i think will be available in November release. Currently this functionality is not available.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

I am not applying any filter in N printing. Second can you please explain in detail :

Maybe you can use caclulation condition to enable chart calculation only if some filters are applied and therefore remove possible performance leak??

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

re calculation conditon go to help:

Chart Properties ‒ QlikView

well if you do not apply any filters when producing NPrinting report and at the same time your chart is not able to calculate in Qlik then you need to think how to improve its calculation performance.

It is unusual that chart needs to show data without filters. Maybe you are using flags in your expressions, maybe you can use Set Analysis instead of "If" statement,

it all depends how is your datamodel built and how you built your expressions.

tough one withouth access to actual app.

Do you have other objects on the same page? If yes - how many? How much time it takes to calculate other objects when clearing selections. I always build dedicated Qlik document for NPrinting use so i can freely move my objects to other sheets and therefore reduce stress on server when calculating such objects.

regards

Lech

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

There is only two objects and both charts are not loading. See it has calculated dimension and measure and expression is bit complex that why it is not loading for full data. It will work when configuration will be upgraded. I client is requesting all time to embed reports in body and it will comes in November , I don't think its a official statement.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is not official yet, but i came through some comments from officials that it is on the roadmap for November release.

regarding your calculated dimension and expression, are you able to optimize it somehow? can you post it expressions so we can have a look. There is always something we can do for sure.

regards

Lech

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hey Lech,

Do you have knowledge on Failover node configuration ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

what do you mean by this?