Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Moderated discussions?

Hi all,

today, I posted to a discussion (pretty sure in New to QlikView), and after send, I got following message (translated by me to english):

Please note that your answer has to be approved by a moderator, prior be posted to the forum.

Indeed, my answer didn't show up in the thread.

Haven't noticed so far that we have moderated discussions in here, is this the case?

I am just wondering because this is the first time that I got this message.

Stefan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Varma,

We appreciate your post. Do you have a post which is currently in moderation. Generally content will go to moderation if it contains an external linking URL, Specific keywords or if it is going to the Resource library. please email me directly for assistance: sara.leslie@qlik.com

Have a great weekend.

S

View solution in original post

37 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I've never seen that message, and doubt that our discussions are moderated except potentially after the fact.  Perhaps you were posting someone different than expected?  Like maybe posting a document would require moderator approval, for instance.  I don't really know.

swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

John, in fact I was answering to one of your posts (random scatter plot), let's see if it gets approved.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

That's VERY strange, then.  Probably a bug, I'd say.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Stefan and John,

Thanks for bringing this up. I'm new with the QlikTech Community team and wanted to shed some light on this conversation as well as introduce myself.

Jason and I oversee the community as a whole and there are some embedded functions which do trigger moderation.

We get a system generated moderation request for:

1. New QlikView Documents
  2. Key words identified in our spam filter
    •      Title
    •      Content
    •      Tagging

I just approved Stefan's post and also took a screen shot. I didn't see any keywords which would have triggered the moderation request here and have sent it over to Jason to help review. Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards and keep the feedback coming!

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Another interesting bug - once you approved his post, the email I received said that the post was from you instead of from Stefan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you John,

I appreciate this feedback. Its very valuable for the user experience. I will include it in the tracking of this issue.

swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi Sara,

thanks for shedding some light on this issue.

If there is something like a spam filter, maybe you could train it to prevent something like described in

http://community.qlik.com/message/133737#133737 ?

Stefan

swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

Today, I got another chance to get my posting reviewed by Jason

Noticed also that my posting was sent to mail list after approval with sender name Jason Long.

English is obviously not my mother language, but I try hard not to use too many offensive words...

I am getting curious what in my postings is alerting the spam filter.

Have a nice day/ evening,

Stefan

P.S.

I just noticed that my approved posting showed the timestamp of the approval by Jason, but was correctly sorted in sequence of posting.

http://community.qlik.com/message/136053#136053

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently added a new Qlikview document to QlikCommunity and got a message saying that the content required to be approved by a moderator.  I dont have any notification / pending document.  Is the document being moderated or is it lost?  How can I see the status?

Nick