cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidganly
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense Cloud Business - SQL Server Connection

After testing Qlik Sense Cloud for Business connector to Sql Server (Beta) i keep getting connection broken.  Using the exact same process using Qlik Sense Desktop i can authenticate the connection without issue.  I am using the Add Data wizard within QSCB. 

I have white listed the ip addresses as per Microsoft SQL Server ‒ Qlik Connectors

I have stated a trial to test this functionality so time is ticking

How can i troubleshoot this connection?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davidganly
Author

For those who may get stuck with this.

As i am hosting my sql server on Azure it was difficult to see what IP Range the inbound connection is coming from.

I enabled login logging on the sql server instance for both failed and successful login attempts.

I then opened a test * in my inbound firewall from any data source to my sql server.  In the sql server log i was then able to see what the ip address that was trying to login from Qlik Cloud. 

Clear from the documentation that they are missing a range of IP Addresses coming from Qlik Cloud.  I added 34.249.54.0/28 to my whitelist and the connection worked.  hope this saves somebody the amount of hours i put it into it....

View solution in original post

3 Replies
davidganly
Author

For those who may get stuck with this.

As i am hosting my sql server on Azure it was difficult to see what IP Range the inbound connection is coming from.

I enabled login logging on the sql server instance for both failed and successful login attempts.

I then opened a test * in my inbound firewall from any data source to my sql server.  In the sql server log i was then able to see what the ip address that was trying to login from Qlik Cloud. 

Clear from the documentation that they are missing a range of IP Addresses coming from Qlik Cloud.  I added 34.249.54.0/28 to my whitelist and the connection worked.  hope this saves somebody the amount of hours i put it into it....

davidganly
Author

update:

looks like new ip ranges are being added to cloud with no addition to documentation in link above.

when using the beta of the SQL Server connection these must be white listed within the firewall where the database resides.

mto‌ great if you could have somebody look at the online documentation.

the ranges i have added that work are:

34.248.202.0/24

34.249.54.0/24

24.201.223.0/28

13.210.1.0/28

34.253.190.0/28

gcamargo
Contributor
Contributor

Hey David,

That white list is still working for you?