Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yifan_wu
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to show cost when there is no lead

Hi all,

Like I mentioned in the title, my manager would like to see cost data regardless of whether we have lead for that day or not.

Cost data is outside our database, manually tracked in excel. The way I am joining the two part is by date and source.

In the back end data in the database, if we do not have a lead for a certain day, the source does not show up, therefore the cost shows 0 even though we actually spent money.

As you can see from the screenshot below, other than week 1, cost is showing for every week.

Thank you for your help!

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably the problem is joining by date|source where neither table may not contain all date|source's.

I would look at concatenating your 2 tables together.  Concatenationing of data tables works well in Qlik, so if you give it a go it may well simply work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably the problem is joining by date|source where neither table may not contain all date|source's.

I would look at concatenating your 2 tables together.  Concatenationing of data tables works well in Qlik, so if you give it a go it may well simply work.

yifan_wu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response.

I tried concatenating before, and there is no spend data in the table at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh dear, that's unfortunate.

Hard to make any concrete suggestions without seeing some sample data / qvf.

Maybe add in dummy date|source rows to make the join work properly.  But that could make everything more complicated than is needed.

I still reckon concatenation is the way to go, but obviously something needs to done to make it work properly.

yifan_wu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I tried concatenating again this morning and it worked. Before I would concatenate the whole cost table with my fact table, but this time I added a separate script to concatenate just the date and source, and then the normal load of my cost table and it worked.