Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Column Profiling Chart

Hello Everyone!

Is it possible to have a column data profiling on one chart? What I am trying to do is give a summary on the columns data showing :

1- Count of DISTINCT values

2- Count of Duplicated Values

3- Count of NULL values

For example, say I have a column "DateofBirth", I'd like to have a bar chart (or pie chart) showing the above measures. Now I have applied the above measures but when it comes to selecting a dimension (since I have to select) it messes what I am trying to accomplish

Thanks & your feedback is really appreciated.

11 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi feras, and what you try to accomplish? if you want to ignore all selections you can add {1} to expressions:

Count({1} FieldName)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben, thanks for your reply. I am not trying to ignore all selections, Say I have column Age which has the following values:

NULL

NULL

I would like to have a ONE chart that represent the following:

Duplicates Count: 3

Distinct count: 5

Null count: 2

rubenmarin

Maybe?...

Duplicates Count:

Sum(Aggr(If(Count(Age)>1, 1),Age))

Distinct count:

Count(DISTINCT Age)

Null count:

Sum(If(IsNull(Age), 1, 0))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's fantastic; however, I am still facing the same issue, in case of a bar chart if the dimension is AGE then it will count the above measures based on that dimension. What I am trying to accomplish is that above measures in total (without going into detail)

rubenmarin

Can you upload a sample to check?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK....

the table is:

CustomerID,   AGE

1               ,       NULL

2               ,       NULL

3               ,       55

4               ,       55

5               ,       53

6               ,       52

7               ,       20

8               ,       20

How can I have a bar chart to display the above data as follows:

3 BARs

BAR1: 2 // NULLS

BAR2: 4// DISTINCT Values

BAR3: 2 //DUPLICATES

Hope it is clear now.

rubenmarin

PFA, you can see the 3 bars with the expressions I posted before.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I do have to select a dimension, don't I? if I Select age as the BAR chart's demsnion this will cause the chart to show the measures you wrote based on every single value... Which is not what I want.

rubenmarin

Hi feras, this is why I'm asking for a sample or a detailed step of what you want, What means "Select Age as bar chart dimension"?

Setting all values of AGE and make the expressions for all the values? the count distinct will be always '1', what else should count?