Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Scheduler not running / constantly restarting

Hello Community,

I am struggling with a problem that nobody so far could help me with, but I hope somebody here can point me in the right direction.

We have a standalone windows 2012 server with a standalone Qlik Sense installation (most recent 3.2 SR5). All was working fine, but than our licence expired and needed renewal. After renewing it, Qlik Sense Scheduler Service would not start anymore. I do however not think this is related (or if it is, that would really be a bug), but is simply a coincidence.

The scheduler is marked as "stopped" in QMC/Schedulers, and when I observe the windows task manager I see the service constantly cycling between "starting", "running", "stopped" - like it is crashing in some way. This happens about every 20-30 seconds.

I have changed all log settings for the scheduler to "debug", but can not find anything helpful in those logs. Besides, the moment ths service restarts the previous log gets deleted, which makes it really hard to find the final log entry. It is timestamped (I can watch this in Windows Explorer if I hit F5 frequently enough) and then gets deleted (or maybe moved, but I have no idea where to).

I have already tried repairing the installation (via windows software center -> repair), even completely removed and re-installed - but all with no result.

So my questions are:

- does anybody know how/where to disable the log-cleanup, so I can read the timestamped log?

- does anybody have any idea where else I could look for information to track down this problem?

- do you have any idea or recommendation as to what to what I could try?

I am completely stuck here, any idea to point me into any direction would be highly appreciated!

Thank you very much,

Ralf

4 Replies
shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

Are you running shared persistence? The time-stamped logs can be found in the ArchivedLogs folder in the location that was setup to host the shared persistence file share.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shaun, thanks - that was exactly the information I was missing!

As for the original problem: there are no helpful traces in the logs (the Service just crashes silently it seems), but I noticed there are other services that have similar problems. So it might rather be a windows problem, we will investigate into this direction.

Ralf

kgarvind
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Ralf

did you find a problem /solution - i have the same issue since 3 months.

Aravind

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Aravind,

we could not find the cause for the problem. We had another process (or rather: processes) on the Windows machine taking up almost all CPU capacity, but even once we fixed this the problem was still there. Also reinstalls of Qlik did not help, so finally we did a full reinstall of the Windows Server and Qlik - that "fixed" it.

I still believe it is rather a problem in Windows instead of Qlik, but we where not able to identify it. If only Qlik would release a Linux version ...

Sorry I can not help you any further here.

Ralf