Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philgood34
Creator II
Creator II

DISABLE EDITING MODE QLIK SENSE DESKTOP APP. USERS

hI EVERYBODY

i asked for my students to install QLIK SENSE DESKTOP, then i sent them a app. to use for analyse market performances ...

BUT, i don't want they can use editing mode for the moment (we'll see later dashboard's creation)

is it possible ?

i read in différents threads that it's a security rules subject, but i did'nt unterstood if this concerns qlik server, cloud or desktop ?...

My need is for  QS desktop users 

anybody to help me please ?

regards

Philippe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The concept of Security Rules is only valid for Qlik Sense Server and not Desktop.

For the freebie Desktop version you get what you get and cannot disable things like editing mode.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The concept of Security Rules is only valid for Qlik Sense Server and not Desktop.

For the freebie Desktop version you get what you get and cannot disable things like editing mode.

kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

Philippe,

Bill is correct. However, after loading data, duplicate your application.  In the duplicate application, remove the script used to load data.  Once you save this, you have an application with data, sheets, etc. but no load script.  You can then distribute this copy to your students.

Kevin

Anonymous
Not applicable

... they'll still be able to fiddle with and edit the front end viz objects though.

philgood34
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok, thank's

well understood.

philgood34
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ok

i summarize :

i can prevent them to "play" with datas and scripts (as said by Kevin), but i can't prevent them to see and "play" with my graphs editions, expressions and so on ...

Correct ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can remove the script, but you can't stop them fiddling with the script editor, creating a new script, reloading it and if it runs without failing then overwriting the data.

philgood34
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ok

Now, if i publish my app in qlikcloud, i think my goal will be achieved  (no editing mode if i'm right )

Unfortunately, i use extensions ... don't work in qlikcloud

Correct ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds about right.

Maybe you could ask your students to behave and not fiddle.  Although you'd have to pray they are not inveterate fiddlers like me - once had a trainer try and confiscate my screwdriver.

philgood34
Creator II
Creator II
Author

🙂

you are right

however, curiosity is a great quality when you have to learn ... you just have to focus on the essentials !

So i go back to my initial issue, and i gonna pray !

regards

Philippe