Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gshockxcc
Creator
Creator

Color by measure

I am new to Qlik Sense, but I've been doing some low-level development in Qlikview for a couple of years.  I have a simple bar chart with 4 measures, each with different set analyses.  I would like to create a custom color for each one.  The color by expression applies the color to all 4 bars.  I can't figure out how to do a color by measure without an enormous "IF" statement (which doesn't work.)

Attached is the bar chart I have, and I'm trying to color each bar independently.

8 Replies
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Kristan,

If you add the expressions as measures to the library it's then possible to assign a color per measure.

Measure color.PNG

Which are then used to color each measure by the assigned color.

Combo chart.PNG

Best regards,

Patrik.

gshockxcc
Creator
Creator
Author

Patrik,

Thanks for your response, and I'm sorry it took so long to answer you.  If there are Alternate Dimensions, is it possible to use multiple colors?  Suppose my primary dimension is Month, and secondary dimension is Weeks.  Assume I have 4 weeks per month.  If I choose a color for the Measure, all 4 weeks will have the same color, within each Month dimension.  But each of the Months, will have a different color.

Thank you in advance.

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Kristan,

Currently not possible, but we have in our plans a solution that I believe would work with your scenario. Although you would probably have to assign one color per week. So not sure how feasible that is.

Best regards,

Patrik. 

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

in this case you will have to use color by expression and assign colors to each month,

then see if it applies colors to weeks according to month

gshockxcc
Creator
Creator
Author

Patrick, Shraddha,

Thanks to both of you.  I will work with the color options to assign them to individual months.

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

You can see this:

Re: Color by Variable

vkish16161
Creator III
Creator III

Patrick,

Is there a way to add the color or better yet a master measure directly from the accordion panel on the right? This feature should inherit all the properties (i.e. numeric formatting, color, etc. ) and get stored as a master measure..

Same goes for master dimension and master visualizations.

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Vishnu,

Currently not possible. But on our list of things to look into.

Best regards,

Patrik.