Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

multi-node-with-shared-persistence-distributed-db-and-file-storage failover

Hi techies,

I have deployed one shared persistence where I have created one central node Server1 , RIM node as Server2  same acting as Failover candidate, one node for Repository database and One is for Application strorage.

I can make failover candidate of Central node but how to save these two repository and shared application server if anyone of them get down ?

3 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

Hi Rohit, have a look here https://community.qlik.com/thread/276321, you need to rely on different standard e.g. 

SAN/NAS on RAID Disks for Shared folder

Postgres HA for the Repository 

Rely on a Virtual HA solution like VMWare HA for the Repository and/or Shared folder

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Are you saying just to avoid single point failure we should store our repository and apps in other location. and you have mentioned some ways where to store apps and repository ??

Vincenzo_Esposito

Yes, you need to handle in some way the Repository and shared folder fault. Qlik Sense does not offer an Out-of-the-box solution, that's why you need to wider scenarios considering standard ways to make a system reliable. What I proposed so far are just some (not exhaustive) options.

My best advice, if you have any doubt about the topic, is to involve Qlik Consultant or a Certified Qlik Partner.

Hope this help