Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmmayoral3
Creator
Creator

How can I access to a document from my mobile without authentication?

Hello.

I have a customer who want to use a Dashboard in his mobile without introduce his credentials. Of course, the document has a section access.

He wants an icon on the screen of his mobile and when he touches it, it has to open a given dashboard.

The Sense server could has a lot of differents dashboards and the mobile screen will have an icon for each dashboard in the server.

The user wants to introduce credential only once, not everytime that he access the document.

Any idea about who develop this?

5 Replies
gladi-cz
Creator
Creator

Hi Jose,

try to save your credentials to your mobile browser.

Petr

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

I think that's happening because the logging user doesn't exists in your document section access, else qlik sense server would ask for authentication only once a time for user session when he opens the Hub.

jmmayoral3
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Andrea and Petr.

Thank you for your answer but I didn`t explain well.

The application doesn´t exists yet.

We want to create an application but We don´t know the steps to do it.

We suppose that we must create an app for the mobile with some framework. This app have to ask for the user and password once and store it in some place (we don´t know where or even it is possible)

we suppose that with this credentials the mobile app must connect straigth with the Dashboard in the server without opens the hub (we don´tn know again if this is possible).

Then, the dashboard must automatically recognise the credentials, must apply the section acces and show the dashboard on the mobile.

thanks in advance

gladi-cz
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Yes, i think, it's possible.

Try these instructions:

Desktop:

1. Create aplication with section access.

2. Publish aplication to the stream on QS server.

Mobile device:

1. Open your browser

2. Go to the Qliksense server :  https://servername/hub

2.1 first time you have to login

2.2 save your credentials to the browser https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001377.htm

3. Open your aplication on QS server and create shortcut icon for your mobile device.  How to add shortcut icon for any website to the home screen on any smartphone or tablet? - YouTube

I hope then this workaround will be useful, i've never tried it.

Good luck Jose,

Petr

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

For achieve what you said, we have created an Angular JS authentication web app (SSO Single Sign On) that asks for user/password, then after a successful check of credentials submitted it opens directly the Qlik Sense app.

I hope this will help you.