Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Block Excel export

Hi everyone,

I've searched about this topic but I don't find anything.

I want to block the excel export on some QlikView files. I've removed the Excel button, but I can export with right clic on objects. The reason of this query is because I have some users that I want they see the information, but they don't export on their computers all information.

Thanks a lot.

Jose

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Jose, I can think of two ways of achieving this. You can disable exports in the document properties, security tab.

Another way would be disabling all exports in the server configurations.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Jose, I can think of two ways of achieving this. You can disable exports in the document properties, security tab.

Another way would be disabling all exports in the server configurations.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

I've tried to disable exports on the document properties, but after accept the form, the option is enabled.

Next week I will try to do that in the server settings.

Thanks.

Jose

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Jose, if you tried that using a document administrator user it will override the security settings. You should try doing that in the server, through the plugin.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

I did that disabling exports on the document properties. I have done a new document where I'm the owner and I haven't had any problem to check the option.

Now is perfect, but I have curiosity for to do the same through the server. I have looked for that option in the server but I haven't found anything (Status, Documents, Users or System tab). I think is a good way to have some files where users can export with QVW Client but not from web.

Thanls.

Jose

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Sorry José, I was talking out of memory. Apparently that option has been removed in QV10.