Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Chart scroll and Table rows - NPrinting Powerpoint report

Hi,

I need to avoid scroll and show the entire chart in the Powerpoint report. I tried all 5 stretch options, but still scroll is coming. Apart from maximizing the object in QlikSense app in a hidden tab and pointing to it in NPrinting designer template, is there any other way to achieve this?

Another concern is regarding the number of rows for a Powerpoint table. What will happen if the number of rows exceeds 25 or 50 rows?

20 Replies
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

is there any alternatives? can I do this from powerpoint perspective? is there any powerpoint option to split a table over multiple slides or display a subset of rows and conditionally show/hide slide?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

As alternative you can use  the Page feature. If you insert a field in the Page node you will get a different slide for each value of the field added in the Page node.

In this case you don't know before the number of rows you will get in the final table. To avoid this you could create a specific field in the original app just to split the table.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That sounds great. I will try and let you know if it works out.

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I created a serial number column for the Qliksense table as the first column using aggr and RowNo functions. Then divided by 15 ( I want 15 rows per slide) and applied ceil function to the column. So serial number 1 means those 15 rows goes to slide1 etc. I thought to apply page feature on this calculated column (It is added as a calculated dimension). But its not working.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You need to add this new field in the loading script in order to create a new field directly in the data set. I suppose you are adding it in a straight table instead as a calculated dimension.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

yes, i am adding it in straight table

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

i wanted to create it dynamically. i don't care about the order or serial number. i just want to split the table to groups of 15 rows and display each group in a seperate slide.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Calculated dimensions are not supported in the Page node. You must add the same field in the load script and the into the Page node.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Ok. Thank you

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi, I am not able to create a page field in the script side. Is there any way to format a table with more than 20 or 50 rows to fit into a single slide?