Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Control Ascending/Descending

Hi,

I am trying to create some object that could help to control the descending/ascending sorting order. Ideally i can control the sorting column and order relying on one or two objects.

I don't see in the chart properties that i can do that since the sorting order and items are pre-decided. Is there another way i can do it?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can use the sort by expression option in the chart and use a variable as expression like this:

=$(=vExpression)

Control the contents of the variable by using an action in the objects from which you would like to control the sort order.

E.g. set the contents of vExpression to Sum(Sales) for ascending or 1/Sum(Sales) for descending order (depending on what order you have set on the expression in the chart offcourse). The contents of the variable should be text (so leave out the = sign)

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Thomas,

You can use interactive sorting by button & variable. Ihad used this feature in many places... it gives the users the flexibility tosort the data. Please look at the attached example and let me know if you needany help!

Hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks to D V and Stigchel! Appreciate your help very much.