Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Password Input Box

Hi I have created a password so that only certain fields show on a table.  This by setting a input field to be a variable.

This works fine however once the password is entered into the input field, it stays on screen.  Is there any way I can do either of the following:

Change the format of the input box so it doesnt show on screen

Remove the password once entered into the input field

Type " ***** " as you type the password in the input box

Or any other suggestions

Any help appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

in the presentation tab of input box change the row color -> background color and text color to white. it will do the trick

Learning never stops.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

There is no implemented password-handling within qlikview and therefore you could only try it with some workarounds which quite probably have all some disadvantages. Some years ago I used something similar whereby a macro was checking the values and removing the content after each entry. But this meant you couldn't use the AJAX client.

With the AJAX client you could try to implement a similar logic by using several variables and actions which check and fire against eachother - it might be working but it won't be really beautiful ...

Beside them none of this workarounds will be suitable for confidential data else it will be only some kind of usability. Therefore I think you should consider Section Access for your use-case.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If I could change the format of the text on the input field to white, then that would do for now as a starting point.

Can that be done?

Regards

marcus_sommer

You could use two different input-boxes (one with black and one with white as text-color or maybe adjusting the background-color, too - in tab presentation) which are laying over eachother and controlling their visibility over the content in tab layout. But it will be only a pseudo-security. The user may create another inputbox/textbox and using this variable or resize the inputbox (a tooltip will show the content) or export the object to excel and probably some more methods to change the variable-content and/or to get the password. It's far away from secure ...

- Marcus

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

in the presentation tab of input box change the row color -> background color and text color to white. it will do the trick

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That will do for now.  The main users cannot save the password, so it is better than what I have (which is a visible password on screen).

I appreciate is isn't ideal and I will be working on the ouser function to hide some of the fields.  Just playing with that at the moment.

Regards

Phil

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Oh, and thanks everyone !!