cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to calculate the percentage of counts based on a sub total

Hi

This is very frustrating as a 30 second job in excel and a 2 minute job in Tableau has taken up a couple of hours of my time in Qliksense and I am still no closer to a solution.

All I want is the % of each type of SLA (Milestone), ie. Source and MaRRS (Reporting tool) that has breached an SLA based on the sub total, for example SLA 10 breach 17/124 = 19.77%. Refer attached

I have tried various different methods for just the denominator before I get to the percentage calc such as aggr and Total and Nodistinct but cannot get any closer to a solution, eg.

• aggr ( Sum ( TOTAL count({1<Status=-{'N/A'}>}Status)) Milestone, Category) = No Values
  • count(TOTAL {1<Status=-{'N/A'}>}Status) = 1,290 which is wrong (124 + 521 + 199 +446)

How this cannot be out of the box functionality given we are meant to role this out within our organisation as a self service model is beyond me.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

40 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the qvf

sunny_talwar

Appears to be an issue with the auto calendar field that you are using... I created Month field in the script using Binary load and it seems to work with it

Capture.PNG

=Sum({<[AccessTime.autoCalendar.Date]={">=01/05/2017"},[Category]={'Non Finance'},WeekDay={'Mon','Tue','Wed','Thu','Fri'},Message={'OK'}>}[Duration Seconds])/

Sum({<[AccessTime.autoCalendar.Date]={">=01/05/2017"},[Category]={'Non Finance'},WeekDay={'Mon','Tue','Wed','Thu','Fri'},Message={'OK'}>}

TOTAL <Month> [Duration Seconds])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not as au fait with the the scripting as you so exactly what have you done given the script there is what I have as default?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Spoke to soon, figured it out Month(AccessTime) as Month.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Still odd behaviour though given that for pivot table I have to load a Month field but the chart will utilise the existing one from the default Qliksense script. Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Further testing has found that loading the Month field into the chart does not work properly for Ave secs per user so I would have a different formula for the pivot table and the chart.

For the Count of Report I am still left with the long formula for the % chart as nothing seems to affect that.

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand your concern... I changed the chart dimension from

=Month(Access) to just Month

and change the expression to this

=Sum({<[AccessTime.autoCalendar.Date]={">=01/05/2017"},[Category]={'Non Finance'},WeekDay={'Mon','Tue','Wed','Thu','Fri'},Message={'OK'}>}[Duration Seconds])/

Sum({<[AccessTime.autoCalendar.Date]={">=01/05/2017"},[Category]={'Non Finance'},WeekDay={'Mon','Tue','Wed','Thu','Fri'},Message={'OK'}>}

TOTAL <Month> [Duration Seconds])

Capture.PNG

Numbers are tieing up, what exactly is the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So i just had a play and found that changing my Label from AccessTime.Month to Month changes my values correctly.

I did not think the Label field had any control over the expression.

I loaded the script slightly different to you but at the end of the days it all works. Thanks again.

sunny_talwar

That is great.... I am glad it all worked out in the end....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any chance you can help me on another expression, pulling my hair out!!! Count and aggregation of variable for the day