Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to access data from complex set analysis expression using hypercube?

Hi All,

I need to access evaluated data from a complex expression using Hypercube.

I created a Mashup and I need to access data without embedding any sense objects. I created a measure in master items so that it would be accessible from the cube using createcube method. But no success!

The expression uses some field names to calculate the result.Is it something related to field names?

The cube returns NaN value and isNull : true.

Is there a way through which I can fetch all the data using the hypercube? Including the data evaluated from an expression?

Thanks.

bmz

mto

bmz

3 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Do you mean that you want to simply compute the expression for current selections, or do you want to create a cube that evaluates the expression over a set of dimensions? It sort of sounded like in you description that you were looking for just one value.

Anyway, I would probably start with debugging the expression. Have you tried to add your expression to a regular KPI and see if it gives you the expected result?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah I have checked my expression in simple KPI, its fetching the values. And after doing any selection its changing accordingly. I am getting the expected result from the expression.

The expression which I am trying to fetch using hypercube is quite a complex(like I am using set analysis and lot of variables) then I added the expression in master item and writing the hypercube script accordingly to add the measure in the .js file.

My objective- Once the hypercube expression is added in the mashup, I am planning to show an alert pop up which gets active when the value of my expression exceeds a threshold value. So once the user logged in, the selection is applied as USER_NAME.

So I want the filter should be applied on hypercube expression as well and the user should get the alert if the value of hypercube exceeds for him/her.

Is it possible in hypercube that if I do some selection in the app, the value of hypercube also changes accordingly as it happens for Qlik Sense objects?

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Perhaps you could attach a code snipped with the code fore the hypercube creation? That might make things clearer.

Reacting to selections is precisely what hypercubes do. What object have you added the hypercube to? Do you create a session object?