Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem in display grand total of top n teams

These are two tables. In first one all teams all included, while in 2nd table top 3 teams w.r.t. highest win are included. My problem is that I am unable to display the grand total of 2nd table as 218 and 78. How can I display the grand total as I have tried under expression tab to how the sum of number of rows only not the expression total but it does not work.

TEAMWINLOST
Grand Total389206
PAKISTAN5021
INDIA4432
BANGLADESH2246
SRI LANKA5529
AUSTRALIA7719
NEW ZEALAND5926
SOUTH AFRICA8233
TEAMWINLOST
Grand Total21878
SOUTH AFRICA8233
AUSTRALIA7719
NEW ZEALAND5926
20 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is that second table is club to first table? and Please let us know your intend with sample qvw..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

The 2nd table is extracted from original table by using the vCounter variable (having value 0 to 7 where 0 means all team) in Max number(1 - 100) under presentation tab.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

True, That is showing in your original post. But, What you are needed?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

The problem is with my grand total whether the value of vCounter is 0 or any other number upto 7, the grand total always shows win 389 lost 206 while it should be varied, lets see the 2nd table the grand total in QV for win is 389 and lost 206 ignoring the selection of vCounter value while if I select top 3 i.e., value of vCounter =3 then grand total should be win 218 and lost 78 which is correct.

Not applicable
Author

The problem is with my grand total whether the value of vCounter is 0 or any other number upto 7, the grand total always shows win 389 lost 206 while it should be varied, lets see the 2nd table the grand total in QV for win is 389 and lost 206 ignoring the selection of vCounter value while if I select top 3 i.e., value of vCounter =3 then grand total should be win 218 and lost 78 which is correct.

sunny_talwar

What are your expressions? Are you using dimension limits for your second table?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am guessing, you have done Dimension limits for Top table. Can you share file to test

Not applicable
Author

No I am not using dimension limit, as I have told you that I have used variable with name vCounter with initial value set to 0and in presentation tab you can see the Max Number having value 1 - 100 by default in Max Number, I have used that variable instead of fixed values.

sunny_talwar

Expression for each of the tables?