Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Load slooooow - am I missing something?

Hi

trying Qlik for the first time.

I'm no newbie to databases...

I have an old MSSQL8 database running

I can connect using OLEDB or ODBC, and can view and select data while setting up the ADD.
Ive tried a number of times, but after selecting the tables and filtering rows - I can see the selecte d sample data and selectioncoutn/total counts etc, but when I click the ADD button, its never completed the load process. Ive let it run for over 13 hours!.

Ive tried just a small sample, filtering just 35 of 77 rows from a single table, and after hitting ADD, it just sits accruing elapsed time.
for 35 rows Id have expected this to load in a couple of seconds, and 50,000 rows from multiple tables in a few minutes, but it seems the hampster is dead, but the wheel is still spinning....

Any ideas?

thanks

Loading 35 rows - waaaay tooo looong...

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I think I found my own problem.

Just learning, I had added data sources a couple of times, and deleted them trying OLEDB, ODBC, and others.

Somethign must have screwed up.

I finally found the scripting after restarting QLIK, and found an error where it was trying (for some reason) after connecting to the current data source and pull data, it was then tryign to connect to a datasource I had deleted in QLIK. Why it was still referencing it, I have no idea.

I deleted my entire test app, and created a new one, and its loding data  ok now.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

any records loaded if you would try to manually add select sql * from .... ; ? what version of Qlik Sense are you using? this is indeed an odd behavior.

Not applicable
Author

I Just downloaded from the website and installed, so I assume it is the latest.

Qlick Sense Desktop 11.14.3

I'm runnign on windows 10, on a laptop with i7 processor and 15GB ram, and plenty of diskspace.

I'm sorry, this is my first experience with Qlik, and I dont see how I can use manually entered SQL

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Is it plain extract, single table or you doing any transformation?

For single table with 35 records it should happen in seconds unless you adding some more script to it?

Can you paste your script here?

Not applicable
Author

I think I found my own problem.

Just learning, I had added data sources a couple of times, and deleted them trying OLEDB, ODBC, and others.

Somethign must have screwed up.

I finally found the scripting after restarting QLIK, and found an error where it was trying (for some reason) after connecting to the current data source and pull data, it was then tryign to connect to a datasource I had deleted in QLIK. Why it was still referencing it, I have no idea.

I deleted my entire test app, and created a new one, and its loding data  ok now.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Close this post by marking your reply as correct.