Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Multibox question

Hi,

I have a Multibox with a Country infomation and Always One Value Selected.

Is there a way of adding an extra value "All Countries" that would appear on the list and would either mean all countries selected or no selection on country?

So on the open multibox you'd have:

All Contries

UK,

Germany,

France,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi,

Multiple ways to do this, may be this will help you.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

you could probably add an "All Countries" to the list, but as far as I know not from within the box.

I am just thinking of kind of a linkage table betwenn your dimension values used for the list box and the country dimension used in calculations. Maybe I just miss a much easier solution right now.

And if you add "All Countries", you could also add "No Countries" (with no links in linkage table). That would be consistent with the usage model.

Stefan

P.S. How have you managed to use Always One Value Selected in a Multi box? Haven't found that option so far.

Not applicable

Hi,

Please see if the attached sample can help you.

Cheers.

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

"P.S. How have you managed to use Always One Value Selected in a Multi box? Haven't found that option so far."

swuehl, on QV10 just select on value on the field of the multibox and then go to the Presentation tab and tick Always One Selected Value.

Thanks BlackRocks, your solution would work but it means duplicating my main facts table.

Is there another way of doing this with a variable and an expression on the multibox for example? Maybe with set analysis too?

Not applicable

Hi,

Multiple ways to do this, may be this will help you.

Cheers.

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks BlackRockS, that looks much better and it's very simple.

Not applicable

Hi,

Good it helped you.

Cheers.