Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart based on Today()

Hi All

I want to create the chart which counts the ID based on the following date values Today()-14,Today-30,Today()-90 and YTD. I thought of doing it by passing these days values in the cyclic group. Is it the right way of doing it. I am little confused how to do this. Does any one have sample application which does the same thing? If you can attach it will be helpful for me.

Regards

Attitude

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefen and Kaushik

I want to count all the ID's from Today()-14 and so as YTD(i,e Today's date to starting date of the year). I don't want only for the 14th day from today's date. I want to count for in between days also. Hope it is clear now.

Regards

Attitude

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi At titude,

I think it is clear, use >= .

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stefen

Can you please explain hows does it work if you can. It will be helpful for me for better understanding.

As given I cannot calculate for YTD as our Year starts from 15-dec-YYYY. So may I know what changes are required for YTD expression.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I think I can't explain better than Kaushik and me already tried.

Please have a look in to chapter Set Analysis in the Help, or have a look here

http://iqlik.wordpress.com/2010/11/27/the-magic-of-set-analysis-point-in-time-reporting/

Regarding your second question, that's kind of tricky but possible.

Unfortunately,

a) the usual QV functions that take an offset will only take a full month offset, not allowing start mid of month.

b) I have not more time to spend on this

Maybe like this:

=count({<Date={">=$(

=if( today()<makedate(year(today(),12,15), makedate(year(today())-1,12,15,),makedate(year(today(),12,15))

)"}>} ID)

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefen

I tried the solution which you have given it is not working out. When you find time please do help me out.

Regards

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefen

Imagine if I use something like below one. May I know what would be the changes in the below code if I would like to calculate the minimum date of the year. For example, for the current year minimum date is 01/01/2011, I want to calculate minimum date of current year to Today(). So what will be the change in the below code. When you find time kindly look into it.

Sum(If([Date] >= Today()-14,1,0)) 

Regards

Attitude

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Please check my prev post. It seems I messed around with brackets at the makedate funktions.

You could reuse makedate(year(today()),1,1) as start of this year or yearstart(today()) in your

if Statement.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefen

As I said you that our year starts from 15-dec-2010 not 01-jan-2011. So I don't think I can use YearStart directly. How you have understood what I need. Please help me out when you find time.

Regards

Attitude

swuehl
MVP
MVP

In your prev post you explicitely Named 2011-01-01 as year start .

For year start mid of dec recheck my yesterdays post anderen correct brackets.

I am travelling

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefen

Sorry if that confused you. I just said that for example. Also what you have provided is the set analysis. Try to give something which works with out set analysis as shown below.

Also for your information. 15-dec-2010 is not always the year start. For the year 2012 year start may be 16-dec-2011 and so on. Hope it is understandable.

As you are travelling I dont want to disturb you. You can reply me only when you find time. I am sorry to disturb you.

Regards

Attitude