Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

FTP Data Into script

Hi,

How can i load the data from FTP.

I have mulitple files in a single name with different date and plants.

EX: Plant1_20_9_2017_FIFO.txt

Plant3_21_09_2017_FIFO.txt

Capture.PNG

How can use the * condition in ftp.If i load a particular file there is no problem.Kindly help me to solve this.Very urgent.

8 Replies
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Sindhu,

I don't think we can use * wildcard to load multiple files from an FTP location. Maybe if you have a xls file at your FTP location listing the files you can load that first then use that data to load your files one by one using a loop in your script.

good luck

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

We don't have any excel files.We are having only .txt file in the ftp.With this, how can i load ? .Its very urgent.Kindly help me.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You cannot use a wildcard load from FTP, nor can you use FileList(). These options are simply not possible with FTP. What you will have to do is to execute an external batch file to save the output of the directory (ls) command to a file, then open the file in Qlikview and loop over the filenames in the directory file.

Ftp: ls

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If only Qlik would expand its FTP-connector to use the MGET ftp command... The world would be a better place.

Er, ... no that's not true. The world would be a better place if we can forget about FTP altogether.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Many FTP-sites these days also support a standard HTML interface. Those are easier to get a filelist from. Would that be available from your data source?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

You have any idea to create batch file for this.I mean How to do this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes.ofcourse

RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It appears to me that the date part of the filename could quite easilly be predicted, right?

That leaves the code/name of the plant. Don't you have these available elsewhere?

In other words: wouldn't it be possible to generate the files you know to be at the FTP source?