Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alining chart legend horizontally at the bottom, so they are next to each other

Hi,

I've read quite a few blogs on this subject (i.e. holding down Shift + Ctrl) this is fine for moving the legend to the bottom but it doesn't resolve the alining issue of having the items appearing next to each other. Everytime I try and do this my legend just turns into a dropdown list. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shyamal. Here goes.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry, not in pie charts it seems: Multi-Line legend in pie chart

Someone should launch an Idea for that.

An workaround may be to disable the legend altogether, and create a silent legend or a listbox legend like in this great blog post: http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/01/18/use-of-a-silent-legend.

Or create a simulation in a straight table. See the legend that hovers in the bar chart of Gysbert's example in Re: Bar Chart 2 Dimentions sorting (it looks like a chart legend but it is a separate object).

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter. Looks like I'm going to have to go down the create your own legend route.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is so helpful . . . especially the part about reset user sizing and reset user docking; I'd been adjusting the legend for so long it was probably a mess. 

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

Thank you for the great tips on the Resets!