Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dusasuman
Creator
Creator

User permissions

Hi Community,

I have given a login access rule for some list of users.

each user is able to create their own application by creating their own data connections. How to restrict users to not to create applications and to only read the applications?

Please help me on this.

regards

suman

22 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Oh and in Custom property for 'UserGroups' see if you have checked the Data Connection box by mistake...

When you create custom property for Stream it should only be Stream and Users

For Apps, App and Users

For Users, only Users should be checked

dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

i could see two security rules 1. CreateApp 2. Create app(Modified). One is disabled other is enabled.

Is this a default security rule defined by qlik after installation. If so it original property should be disabled?  I think some one modified it.

So do i need to disable both?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Create app should be only for Admins or Ad-Hoc users.

Please always post a screenshot of your rules to understand in better way.

By default only Admins can create the app not the users. In some case they can create sheets (Edit) which can also be disabled by writing new rule.

In any case please share screen shot of both the rules.

Thanks.

dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

Admin login credentials using by 3 members in my team. So some one has changed the rules.

Anyway here i am posting screenshots of 2 rules. Present i have disabled these two rules by checking 'Disable check box'.

Yes, by default only Admin should able to create apps.

Rule1:

rule1.png

Rule2:

rule2.png

Also tell me the security rule example to give permissions to create apps for particular user or group of users. Using custom property would helpful for me.

dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

Disabled those 2 rules, so that now users could not find create app option. but not sure whether it got impact on anything.

dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

by disabling above two rules even Admin also cant create the applications

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yeah, the first screenshot was the one modified by one of the Admins in your team which allowed users to create App. The second one is the default rule I suppose but it has user access as Anonymous and I guess that should only be Admins.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Please add me on Qlik...

dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

The problem is, when i disable both the rules then only users could not able to create apps. by this way even admin could not able to create app.. If i uncheck disable option of any one of rule then both users and admin could able to create app.

(Please send me the request again)

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Well I tried adding you and sending you the reply there but it says not connected....

Can you send me a message from inbox on top right corner?