Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinky1234
Contributor III
Contributor III

Need Help

Hi Team,

I have two sheets that is Sheet1 and Sheet2 in Single Qvw. Everyone should have access to sheet1, shouldn't ask for credentials or login details. I need to give access to Sheet2 only for specific people. Any thoughts please?

5 Replies
its_anandrjs

You have to go for Section access in your app then go for reading some of this for the help on section access.

Sheet Level Security.qvw

Section Access: Desktop vs Server

Chart Level Access

How to Distribute Dashboard and Implement Section Access

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does your application opens Sheet 1 default? OR there is any activate sheet ??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
pinky1234
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have already implemented section access approach.I have given full access(Sheet1and Sheet2) to Admin and Sheet 1 only access to USER.When i login with admin he is able to see two sheets and when i login with user he is able to see only sheet1. Now my requirement is users(Couple of teams) should see Sheet1 with out asking login details (what i mean is it shouldn't prompt user details) Users should see sheet1 by default but Sheet2 should have restriction only couple of people of should see.Please find the attached Qvw for reference.Any thoughts on this?

When you try to open As admin you will see Sheet1 and Sheet2. When you try to open as user you will see Sheet1. Can i implement section access to only one sheet not to other sheets.

Login details:admin & User

pinky1234
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any thoughts?Please let me know if you have any questions.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

What if you use conditional enabling of sheet

something like

if OSUSER() OR QVUSER() = ' SOMETHING' OR 'SOMETHING1'  for this ?

will this work for you?

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.